30 Mins to prepare
90 Mins to cook
- 2.6kg piece rolled shoulder of pork (reduce or increase size as required)
- 2 litres of orange and mango juice (please ensure it is 100% juice)
- 1 x 270g jar TWO CHEFS Mango Chutney
- Place rolled/tied pork in a saucepan just large enough to hold it Cover with the juice, top up with water to ensure it is covered
- Place lid on saucepan than bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer and continue cooking for 90 minutes
- In last 10 minutes turn your oven onto very high
- When cooked removed from the pan (reserve some of the juices), remove the string and the skin. If you want to score the fat and stud with cloves, feel free to do so.
- Smother the top and sides with the rest of the Mango Chutney, then place in a foil lined baking dish; bring the foil up the sides to protect the flesh and make an open tent around the pork. Pour in some of the reserved juices from the saucepan.
- Place in the oven or under the griller until the glaze is nicely golden brown - you need to be careful as the sugar in the chutney will cause it to burn if not watched carefully!
- When ready lift out and either serve or else cool/refrigerate if you plan on serving it later on.
- Serve with either more of the TWO CHEFS Mango Chutney (maybe with some mint in it) or as we did, with TWO CHEFS Pineapple and Ginger Relish.